The Approved Assessment Report was a required element in the development of a Source Protection Plan. The report contains the technical and scientific information that the Source Protection Committee will use to develop the Source Protection Plan.
The Assessment Report assesses the state of the City of Timmins municipal drinking water source – the Mattagami River. It describes the amount of water that is available for drinking and the quality of that water.
The report also describes the vulnerable areas around the municipal drinking water system where spills, pollution, contamination and overuse could harm source water.
Approved Assessment Report
The Mattagami Region Source Protection Committee’s Assessment Report was approved by the Director of the Source Protection Programs Branch on October 7, 2010, and was posted on the Environmental Bill of Rights Registry on November 29, 2010.
To download the Approved Assessment Report.
Appendix 1 – Maps
The Assessment Report Maps are large files and may take a few minutes to download.
- Assessment Report Maps 1-5 (pdf)
- Assessment Report Maps 6-10 (pdf)
- Assessment Report Maps 11-15 (pdf)
- Assessment Report Maps 16-20 (pdf)
- Assessment Report Maps 21-25 (pdf)
- Assessment Report Maps 26-30 (pdf)
- Assessment Report Maps 31_32c (pdf)
- Assessment Report Maps 33-34d (pdf)
- Appendix 2 – Appendix 7 (pdf)