The Mattagami Region Source Protection Authority, in accordance with the provisions of Ontario Regulation 288/07 is currently seeking one Economic (Forestry) and one Public Sector member to serve on the Mattagami Region Source Protection Committee.
Originally established in 2007, the Committee has successfully developed and launched the Source Protection Plan. The Plan provides policies to mitigate potential threats to our municipal source of drinking water. The Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks approved the Source Protection Plan on April 2, 2014 at which stage the function of the Committee transitioned primarily to evaluating the implementation of the Source Protection Plan policies and conducting periodic updates to ensure that the Plan is still relevant.
Summary of Committee Member Obligations and Requirements
- Make a five year commitment to participate;
- Attend Committee Meeting (two per year);
- Must reside, own property, rent property, be employed in or operate a business within the boundaries of the Mattagami Region Source Protection Area;
- Cannot be a current Source Protection Authority Board or staff member;
- Comply with the Committee’s code of conduct;
- Act as a liaison by bringing common concerns from knowledge and experience of respective sector to the Committee;
- Provide input and make decisions at the Committee table;
- Understand Source Protection science concepts and technical reports. Review reports/documents as required.
How to Apply for Appointment to the Committee
Download an application here (PDF). Applications and supporting documentation can be submitted to the address below. The deadline to apply is: September 21, 2018
Mattagami Region Source Protection Authority
100 Lakeshore Road, Timmins, ON P4N 8R5
Attention: Walter Wawrzaszek, Chair
For further information or clarification contact:
Crystal Percival, DWSP Lead
Phone: 705.360.2660 ext. 7417 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org