ABOUT THE CONTEST
The Mattagami Region Source Protection Committee is hosting its annual Water Awareness Art Contest. The purpose of the contest is to challenge our youth to learn about their drinking water and to illustrate the importance of clean water.
What Does a Water Warrior Look Like to You?
WHO CAN ENTER
The contest is open to all 4th, 5th and 6th grade students from schools in the City of Timmins.
Submissions will be accepted through 4:00 p.m. Friday, April 21, 2023.
Winning entries will be announced in May.
Submit your students’ artwork as a batch to be entered in a draw for one of three class pizza parties with Drippy the Raindrop!
Submissions will be voted on by the Mattagami Region Source Protection Committee. One bike will be awarded per grade division: 4, 5 & 6. The winning submissions will be featured on the Drinking Water Source Protection Website and on the Mattagami Region Conservation Authority social media sites.
- All forms of media will be accepted (drawing, digital, video or any other art media).
- Art should depict what the student thinks a Water Warrior looks like and how they protect the water that we drink (e.g. don’t pour paint in storm sewers, use environmentally-friendly products, reduce salt application, etc.).
- Art should be the original hands-on work of the student.
- A short message promoting what does a water warrior look like to you?
- Each entry must have the following information: Title, Student’s First and Last Name, Teacher’s Name, Grade, School Name
HOW TO ENTER
Mattagami Region Source Protection Committee
c/o Mattagami Region Conservation Authority
100 Lakeshore Road Timmins, ON P4N 8R5
Water Awareness Art Contest Poster (English) (PDF)
Water Awareness Art Contest Poster (French) (PDF)
Water Awareness Art Contest Guidelines (English) (PDF)
Water Awareness Art Contest Guidelines (French) (PDF)
For more information about this contest, contact Crystal Percival
(705) 360-2660 ext. 7417
THINK ABOUT IT…
How would your life be different without clean tap water?